About Ph.D programme (FRLHT)
Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT) is a pioneering knowledge institution, with a vision for revitalization of Indian Medical Heritage. It is recognized as a centre of excellence for Medicinal Plants and Local health traditions by Ministry of Enviornment & Forestry , Govt. of India.
FRLHT has already launched a Ph.D programme for trans-disciplinary research in the field of health which could bridge traditional and western sciences. Some of the themes that will be supported under this trans-disciplinary Ph.D
programme are listed below.
Themes for Ph.D programme:
1. Folk taxonomy.
2. Conservation of medicinal plants
3. Correlation between Ayurveda & western concepts in Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutics and Pharmacology.
4. Validation of Ethno- Veterinary practices.
5. Validation of Local Health Traditions (LHT).
6. Critical editions of Sanskrit medical manuscripts.
7. Design and Development of management trials for assessing efficacy of holistic Ayurvedic Management of health conditions.
8. Traditional Knowledge informatics.
9. Medical anthropology related to traditional community health practices.
10. Brain and Mind relationship in traditional and modern health sciences.
Aspiring candidates desirous of working in the above areas are required to submit one page concept note (Synopsis) on their proposed research
problem highlighting the Research question they wish to investigate its contemporary relevance and scope for bridging traditional & Western health Sciences.
Post graduate degree in Modern medicine, Ayurveda, Siddha, Sanskrit, Bio Statistics, Chemistry, Biology (including neuro-biology) Pharmacy, Veterinary sciences, Community medicine,
Social science, Anthropology and other related disciplines.
Should have deep interest in traditional Indian systems of medicine as well as Western Science.
Shortlisted candidates will have to defend their concept note before a selection committee.
The duration of the Research programme would be 3 years.
Selected candidates will be awarded Research Fellowships in accordance with FRLHT norms.
They will be required to devote full-time to their Ph.D and work in FRLHT campus, Bangalore.